Tuesday 14 February 2017

week 13

Wow this week was number 13... all the crazy stuff that happened this week makes a lot more sense now...

Starting of with a drunk white guy story! So my companion and I got on the bus and it was probably around 7:30 pm on a Tuesday night when we got up to the top of the bus and took our seats we started noticing a very unpleasant smell, soon after a very disgruntled voice started talking on his phone saying quote "mate I'm on the bus right now and I've literally thrown up all over the place " unquote, sister Vousden and I cringed when he said that, we looked only a few seats back and saw this poor smashed white guy with puke all over him and now even more on the floor making it's way down towards us.... blah it was awful and it smelt so bad, funny enough the guy called three more people on his phone to notify them that he had thrown up on the bus I think we might even be on his snap chat story haha.

It got super warm here in Gloucester so we came back in the afternoon to change as we walked in sister Vousden said oh my gosh sister brown you have poop in your hair! Whaaat?! Apparently while tracting that morning a bird decided to take a dump on my head haha

We decided to go to Burger King with the Elders and After eating I was waiting in line for the bathroom minding my own business, there was a blind man making his way out of the restaurant so I helped him get out by opening the door for him, as I waited by the washroom door I didn't notice that the blind man came back and he got really close to me, I said hi and before I had a chance to ask if he needed help he full on grabbed my chest I jumped a bit cause well ya know... and he asked me oh is this the bathroom? Yup this is the line for the bathroom I said trying not to laugh, cry and pee my pants at the same time. one of the Elders we were with saw it all happen and he nearly fell out of his seat all the missionary's were asking what just happened and I just waved them off until the blind man was gone. Needless to say I let the blind man go ahead of me..

So on a really crummy rainy night we decided to go to Kaspas for diner and I was wearing my rubber boots because you know rain. I was walking behind everyone took two steps hit the floor pretty dramatically haha I just kinda laid there for a second because one it really hurt and two because I kinda wanted to die in that moment hahaha. Now I have bruises all over the left side of my body.

Despite all the ridiculous embarrassing moments of unluckyness this week it was actually a super good week. We found another family that said we could come back. Our Investigator who we thought was trying to drop us is actually still interested and is wanting to keep learning and working towards baptism, and our wonderful Fijian family whom I love have booked the baptismal font for the 19th for there daughters To get baptised next week. The Dad of there family got up and bore his testimony and it was the most beautiful thing I ever heard I pretty much balled all of sacrament meeting the spirit was so strong.

On Sunday we were doing some tracting and I found the coolest/ weirdest tree of my life! It's called a monkey tree because the branches look like monkey tails, it was so cool i loved it! it reminded me of Hawaii.

Sister Vousden and I talked a lot about tender mercies and I definitely feel like while being on the mission you notice them happening all the time and I'm just so grateful to Heavenly Father for sending us these moments of joy and reminders that everything is going to be ok. I love that I get to study the scriptures everyday and even if I don't get the chance to share the gospel with someone that day it still helps me to learn and to grow and to just become better.

No comments:

Post a Comment