Sunday 11 September 2016

Holiness to the Lord the House of the Lord




On May 4th I took out my endowment at the Cardston Alberta Temple.
Now for those of you who don't understand the goings on of the Temple I think this quote
from Elder Russell M Ballard will help explain things.
When men and women go to the Temple, they are both endowed with the same power, which is priesthood power. All men and all women have access to this power for help in their lives. All who have made sacred covenants with the Lord and who honor those covenants are eligible to receive personal revelation, to be blessed by the ministering of angels, to commune with God, to receive the fulness of the gospel, and, ultimately, to become heirs alongside Jesus Christ of all our Father has.

Now before we can go to the temple we have to go through an interview process with our Bishop and then with the Stake President this is to determine that we are worthy and ready to enter the Temple.





Before I took out my Endowment my Bishop told me
 that to be worthy does not mean to be perfect.
I cannot tell you enough how much this has helped me over the last few months
 since being Endowed. I have been blessed with the gift of being incredibly critical of myself and I find that I often compare myself to what I think perfect should be 
and yes sometimes this does help me in pushing myself to try and be better
 but most times Im a bit too much and its more damaging then good. 
But knowing that no one on this earth is perfect except for the Saviour
 is incredibly helpful to remind me that as long as I'm striving to be  worthy 
and to do my best at being obedient then I am welcome in my Fathers Temples. 
He never asked us to be perfect 
he just asked us to keep his commandments 
and follow the Saviour.






No comments:

Post a Comment