Monday 20 March 2017

Week 19

This week the weather was so nice Monday-Wednesday we did lots of painting and stuff which was sweet cause we gotta be outside lots especially with biking and a few times I didn't even have to wear a coat so that was magic! But then after that it got super rainy and windy. 

We had the 175th relief society party which was fun we helped set up for that and then we gotta go to the party which was fun they had tacos and they even had refried beans which is sad cause you can barely find it in Canada but they have it all over here but it freaks out most English people so sister Swasey and I gotta eat most of it.

We have been visiting a sister in the hospital and on Sunday we were able to go with the Elders to bring her the sacrament and I just love that we have the priesthood and that the sacrament can be taken to all those in need of it. It had been 7 weeks since this women had been able to take it and it was so special to be able to be there and see her take the sacrament after so long she was so happy and the spirit was so strong. 

This next week is most likely my last week in Gloucester unless they have found us a new place to live I'm pretty sad to leave my greenie area behind though I feel like it's my home and now I have to pick up everything and leave it again so I'm pretty torn about the whole situation.

Sister Swasey got her wallet stolen this week so we went searching for it at the police stations and stuff on St. Patrick's day. Fun fact don't go outside on St. Patrick's day especially if it's a Friday people be stumbling in and out of bars that whole day, we were only in the high street for the morning till noon and people were walking around completely smashed most of them were old men thank goodness there was no pinching that happened! 

The part member family I have been working with started temple prep on Sunday! The mom came and sat by me in relief society and she was absolutely beaming she said sister Brown I can't stop smiling we just took our first temple prep class! We are one step closer to the temple! That was honestly the best moment so far on the mission just hearing this beautiful mum talk about how excited she is to have her family sealed in the temple for time and all eternity! Gah it was so good! They also dropped us off a ridiculous amount of food the other day!We are so blessed to have met this family!

I've been having a few members ask how long they think it will be till I get transferred back to Gloucester gah it just about breaks my heart when I have to explain we probably won't be moved back when they get a new flat for the sisters in Gloucester... 

Life in Gloucester has been good we are trying our dang hardest to stay busy and to work hard!

Love,
Sister Talia Brown 🇬🇧

England


No comments:

Post a Comment