Monday 20 February 2017

week 15

This week has been a blur of adventures, transfers, doors, sheep, baptisms and men yelling at us! So I'd say it's been a pretty successful week!

On P day we went to the Forest of Dean and gotta see some beautiful scenery and explore puzzle wood where a lot of movies and TV shows have been filmed, so that was really cool unfortunately the Elders lost the phone in the woods so that thing is lost but on the up side maybe someone famous will find it!

On Tuesday I said goodbye to Sister Vousden and hello to Sister Swasey she's awesome, she's from the land of Ogden Utah and has been out for 9 months so needless to say she is a boss missionary. We have been working so hard and meeting a lot of cool people so we are so excited to see things get moving in Gloucester. Our second door we tracted together we got screamed at by this sad old man, doesn't he know we are trying to help the brother out?! Any way we got over that real quick cause we just were able to meet so many solid people, it has been so cool.

Sister Swasey and I were stopping by people's homes and while we were walking a big heard of sheep were just walking around and people were acting like it was no big deal so we got very touristy as we took a a few photos and videos with them, Typical white girls in a foreign land. But still I was pretty excited about finding those sheep even though they weren't necessarily the Lords sheep.

I was kinda freaking out for the baptism on Sunday but it honestly went beautifully nothing went wrong and the girls looked so beautiful I was so grateful to be able to be apart of this moment with them I remember small bits from my own baptism but I don't think I ever really understood what a big deal it is and was until yesterday. Needless to say the spirit was so strong and the chapel was packed with people which I am so grateful for to our ward here in Gloucester just reaching out and showing there support. I know it left an impact on the family the dad was so happy all day yesterday. The girls sang I know when I am baptised and I balled my eyes out, then latter in the program when they bore there testimonys I totally lost it again poor Sister Swasey I've been using up her tissues. The girls said that they were thankful for missionary work and it just made me so happy because me and every missionary who has worked with this beautiful family has been able to help and I am so excited for the day when this family gets sealed and the girls go on missions and get married and have children gah it's just so amazing to see how the gospel changes and blesses lives.

After the Baptism we went and ate so much Fijian and Tongan food oh my gosh it's the best! She made my favourite I think it's call Otta holy cow so good it's fish chunks in coconut milk with chillies and a bunch of other goodness anyway it's like the spiciest thing I've had while I've been in England! You put it on rice and it's served cold it's like heaven!

I have absolutely loved my time here in Gloucester I have loved meeting people and growing and just learning so many new things it's so cool to see all the changes that take place in your own heart when you are in the service of others. God is Good.




Love,
Sister Talia Brown 🇬🇧

England

1 comment:

  1. Love it! And it was a very special baptism! You are so adorable! Xx

    ReplyDelete